> Do you need to know more about altering solid oral dose forms?
Do you need to know more about altering solid oral dose forms?
Available only to SHPA members, An Introduction to the Australian Don't Rush to Crush Handbook is an online short course based on SHPA's newest publication the Australian Don't Rush to Crush Handbook - Therapeutic options for people unable to swallow solid oral medicines. If can also give you some Group 2 CPD credits.
To complete the course you need to:
- Read through the introduction and answer five question within the introduction
- Look at the sample monographs and answer five questions about the sample monographs
- Watch the video on dysphagia presented by Dr Julie Cichero at the MM2010 Conference
This short introduction covers:
- Legal implications of altering solid oral medicines
- Medical implications of altering solid oral medicines
- Occupational health and safety implications
- Oral/enteral dispensers
- Swallowing difficulties
- Enteral feeding tubes
- Altering solid oral medicines
- Oral liquid formulations
- Giving medicine to people with swallowing difficulties
- Giving medicines to people with enteral feeding tubes
- How to use the Australian Don't Rush to Crush Handbook
GO TO shpaeCPD website to start the course now .