The LEAP Program is a career-changing opportunity for established and emerging pharmacy leaders to be immersed in an intensive international networking and learning experience.
Ten merit-based places are available on 2019 LEAP Program, which will take place Saturday 7 December to Sunday 15 December:
- Nine positions for current senior leaders or pharmacists strongly linked to leadership and management positions within their workplace (such as Director of Pharmacy, Assistant Director of Pharmacy, Site Manager, Associate Director and equivalents)
- One position for an emerging pharmacy leader.
The seven-day, all-inclusive LEAP Program includes full registration to the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition, meetings with ASHP leaders, teaching hospital visit and optional pharmaceutical manufacturing plant tour.
- Return airfares from your home city
- Up to six night’s accommodation
- All breakfasts and lunches and two dinners
- All local transfers (excluding travel to and from the airport in your home city)
- Attendance at ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting 2019, Las Vegas
- Meeting with ASHP representatives
- Potential visit to a teaching hospital (to be confirmed)
- Optional program in San Francisco includes a tour of the manufacturing plant in Vacaville, California (If not attending, return flight to Australia will depart Las Vegas Wednesday 11 December)
- Demonstration of leadership in the workplace and as an SHPA member
- An outline of the potential benefits from your attendance at ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting 2019 to your workplace
- Description of potential benefits of the full LEAP Program to your professional development and education
- How you intend to disseminate your learnings to your workplace and peers
Young leader applicants:
As above, and must include:
- a reference from their Director of Pharmacy (or equivalent) detailing how the applicant has demonstrated leadership, and the benefits for the applicant in participating in the 2019 LEAP Program