NSW Branch | Medication Management in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Communities
Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Australian communities often face a number of barriers (such as, low English proficiency) when accessing healthcare. This impacts on their access and reception of healthcare and ability to manage their medications optimally.
This three-part session aims to explore the perceptions of CALD community on their healthcare experiences and review medication management strategies proposed in current research to address these gaps. A discussion panel will follow the presentations.
1. Asthma management
2. Written information at discharge from hospital
3. Appropriate delivery of medication information
This event will now be held online via Zoom only
Presentations will start at 7:00pm AEST
- Member: Free - please enter your email address and select lookup, the discount will then be applied
- Non-member: $50.00
Please register below to attend via Zoom.
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
* You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing email@example.com.
- Professor Bandana Saini, Director of Academic Education, The University of Sydney, School of Pharmacy, Sydney, NSW
- Professor Parisa Aslani, Director of Academic Career Development, Deputy Head of School, The University of Sydney, School of Pharmacy, Sydney, NSW
- Associate Professor Betty Chaar, The University of Sydney, School of Pharmacy, Sydney, NSW
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group 1 CPD (or 1 CPD credit), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist's CPD plan.
The accreditation number is S2021/28.