SA/NT Branch: CPD Central Workshop
All pharmacist's applying for general registration must plan their CPD prospectively by developing a learning plan for each CPD period. Writing a learning plan can appear to be a daunting task at first glance and many pharmacists are left wondering where they should start.
This workshop introduces participants to SHPA’s new CPD Central tool to assist you in planning and recording your professional development. Participants will identify the key steps involved in developing a CPD learning plan including defining scope of practice and working through the National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016. Participants have the opportunity to work with experienced educators and their peers to begin developing their own learning plan for the 2018-2019 CPD year – it’s not too late!
The CPD learning plan workshop is appropriate for pharmacists at any stage of their professional journey including interns ready to apply for general registration.
Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop or hand-held personal electronic device to login to CPD Central during the workshop.
- Describe the update to the CPD registration standard effective December 2015
- Assess your competence against the National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia 2016 for your scope of practice
- Develop a learning plan for the current CPD year and beyond
- Utilise the CPD Central planning and recording tool
**Registration from 5.30pm, the workshop will start at 6.00pm**
- Member: Free - please register below, to ensure you are not charged. Enter your email address and select lookup, the discount will then be applied
- Non-member: $50.00
Access the free Webinar by registering here (members-only): LINK
Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
- Please complete the registration process below, and remember to 'check out'
- Follow our handy 'how to' guide to book for this event
* You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julia Hruz, BMSc, GradDipEd, MPharm, Grad Cert Pharm Prac, Education Coordinator, SHPA, Vic
- 1.1.4 Accept professional responsibility and accountability
- 1.4.1 Adopt a scope of practice consistent with competence
- 1.4.3 Acquire and apply practice expertise
National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group-2 CPD (or 2 CPD credits), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2019/39.