ClinCAT Melbourne (February)
SHPA’s ClinCAT seminars are a must for pharmacists looking to support workplace training, recruitment and professional development through the implementation of ClinCAT competency-based evaluations.
Designed for professionals with significant clinical experience and proven teaching and mentoring skills, these highly interactive seminars provide attendees with site specific implementation strategies, insights into national drivers for competency based evaluations, an understanding of ClinCAT in practice as well as invaluable feedback and evaluation techniques.
- Undertake a ClinCAT evaluation
- Use ClinCAT to drive self-reflection, as a training and teaching tool, and to facilitate change to clinical practice
- Understand the principles of, and acquire practical skills in giving effective feedback
- Observe, record and synthesise information to construct feedback
- Apply change management principles to embed ClinCAT evaluation in workplace culture
Registration closes one week prior to the event. Spaces are strictly limited so register early to ensure a space. SHPA reserves the right to cancel the seminar in the event that not enough registrations are received.
* You will receive a tax invoice and a separate confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive these within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing email@example.com.
- Jessica Barnard: BPharm, MPharm (Pract), GradCert Tertiary Teaching and Learning - Lead Pharmacist (Education), The Canberra Hospital
- Sonia Thomas BA (Hons) MPsych (Neuro), Clinical Neuropsychologist, Vic.
The program addresses pharmacist competency standards, including:
- 1.1 Uphold professionalism in practice
- 1.4 Maintain and extend professional competence
- 2.2 Collaborate with professional colleagues
- 2.3 Communicate effectively
- 2.4 Apply interpersonal communication skills to address problems
- 4.3 Show leadership in practice
- 4.6 Plan, manage and build human resource capability
- 5.1 Deliver education and training
(National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016)
This CPD event has been accredited for 3.5 hours of Group 1 (or 3.5 CPD credits) and 10.75 hours of Group 2 CPD (or 21.5 CPD credits) - a total of 25 CPD credits suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is: S2017/12