Implications of Codeine Rescheduling for Hospital Pharmacy Practice and Pain Management - ACT
From 1 Feburary 2018, all codeine-containing medicines have been upscheduled to Schedule 4 Prescription Only. Learn why the TGA made this decision, what it means for your practice and how your state health service should respond appropriately. The presentation covers how to detect potential codeine and other opioid misuse in hospital settings and includes an overview of treatment protocols for different levels of pain for patients with varying tolerance or past exposure to opioids.
At the end of the seminar participants will be able to:
- Describe the changes and rationale to scheduling of codeine-containing products
- Describe principles for hospital pharmacy formulary management with respect to upscheduling of codeine-containing products
- Identify and explain possible codeine and other opioid misuse or abuse in patients in the hospital setting
- Describe treatment protocols and medication selection cascades for patients with varying levels of pain and opioid tolerance
Refreshments from 5.30pm for a 6.00pm start.
Member: Free - please register below, to ensure you are not charged please enter your email address and select lookup, the discount will then be applied
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
Please note when you have completed your registration you will receive a tax invoice and a separate confirmation email. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration. Your space is not guaranteed until registration is complete. Please contact the secretariat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tim Tran, Senior Clinical Education and Training Pharmacist, Residency Site Coordinator, Austin Health, VIC