Extension Seminar in Clinical Medication Management — Gold Coast
This seminar is designed for candidates in the SHPA Pharmacy Residency program, pharmacists with at least 2-4 years clinical pharmacy experience, pharmacists looking to consolidate and build their clinical pharmacy skills and pharmacists who have attended the foundation seminar in clinical medication management.
Case based discussions of complex clinical scenarios and small group activities will be used to develop participant skills in problem solving to optimise medication management and resolve medication related problems.
By the end of the seminar participants will be able to:
- Integrate complex clinical processes into daily practice including:
- Complex parenteral medication administration
- Using laboratory test data in caring for patients with multiple comorbidities.
- Fluid and electrolyte requirements in clinical patient care
- Clinical workflow
- Prioritisation of workload and complex clinical issues.
- Research (clinical audit)
- Transitions and continuity of care
- eMM and medication safety
- Career progression and professional development
- Consolidate and further develop clinical decision making in the areas of Cardiology (ACS), Diabetes (management of diabetic ketoacidosis), Sepsis and delirium, Mental Health (Depression), Anticoagulation and Acute and Chronic kidney disease.
Registration Rates: Early bird rate extended until COB 22 September 2017.
Member early bird rate: $816
Non member early bird rate: $1020
Non member: $1326
Click to view the cancellation policy
Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide to book for this event
* Please note when you have completed your registration you will receive a tax invoice and a separate confirmation email. If you do not receive these within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration. Your space is not guaranteed until registration is complete. Please contact the secretariat by emailing email@example.com.
Dr Michael Barras BPharm GradDipClinPharm PhD (Princess Alexandra Hospital, Qld)
Ms Sharon Goldsworthy BPharm MClinPharm (The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, SA)
Ms Sally Marotti BPharm MClinPharm (The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, SA)
Dr Lisa Pont BSc BPharm PhD (University of Sydney, NSW)
This CPD event has been accredited for 18.25 hours of Group 2 CPD (a total of 36.5 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2017/18
The program addresses pharmacist competency standards, including:
Standard 2.3 Collaborate with members of the health care team
Standard 2.5 Commitment to work and the workplace
Standard 2.6 Plan and manage professional contribution
Standard 4.2 Consider the appropriateness of prescribed medicines
Standard 7.1 Contribute to therapeutic decision-making
Standard 7.2 Provide ongoing medication management
Standard 8.1 Retrieve, analyse and synthesise information
Standard 8.2 Engage in health, medicines or pharmacy practice research
(National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2010)