From foundation practice to advanced practice: UK experience - Branch CPD Event
As part of SHPA's Residency Symposium, SHPA is bringing to Australia Ms Beth Ward. Beth's presentation will outline the UK experience of embedding a practitioner pathway from undergraduate, to the first 1000 days of practice (foundation), to advanced practice. Given Australian competency frameworks such as the APPF have primarily been based on UK models then the UK experience is highly relevant to Australia and SHPA members.
- Explain programs and initiatives developed by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society to support profession-wide practitioner development.
- Define the RPS' Foundation Programme and the 'first 1000 days of practice'.
- Compare and contrast UK practitioner pathways to Australian practitioner pathways.
- Apply UK learning and experience in practitioner development to Australian settings.
- Compare the maturity of RPS advanced practice recognition programs vs preliminary Australian initiatives to recognise advanced practice.
Members: Free - please register below, to ensure you are not charged please enter your email address and select lookup, the discount will then be applied.
Webinar: Free to members - Register here
Click to view the cancellation policy
Speaker: Beth Ward, BPharm, Foundation Programme Manager and Interim Head of Foundation and Faculty, Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS).
This CPD event has been accredited for 1 hour of Group-1 CPD (a total of 1 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2017/46
The program addresses pharmacist competency standards, including:
Standard 1.2 Practice to accepted standards
Standard 1.5 Maintain and extend professional competence
Standard 2.6 Plan and manage professional contribution
Standard 3.1 Provide leadership and organisational planning
Standard 3.2 Manage and develop personnel
(National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2010)