Foundation Seminar in Emergency Medicine
The Foundation Seminar in Emergency Medicine is designed to cater for pharmacists interested in emergency medicine, who are setting up a service or are early-career emergency pharmacists. It will be delivered by a combination of self-paced learning package focusing on core emergency medicine topics, followed by a one day live virtual seminar.
A range of key emergency medicine topics will be covered, including resuscitation and advanced life support, toxicology, acute pain control and quality use of medicines and information resources in emergency departments. Case based discussions and small group activities will be used to explore a range of commonly encountered emergency medicine scenarios, such as anaphylaxis, arrhythmias, behavioural disturbances, sepsis, seizures and trauma.
The self-paced learning package comprises approximately 10 hours of learning materials and will be available from Friday 1st October 2021. The live virtual component of this seminar will take place on Saturday 13th November 2021. The self-paced learning package materials must be completed prior to attending the live virtual seminar.
Please note: all attendees will have 18 weeks of access to the seminar self-paced learning package and resources from your date of enrolment into this page. Enrolment details will be sent to registered attendees when available.
Unsure if this is the right level for you? View the seminar level descriptors.
Please note: presentation recordings from the live virtual seminar will not be available.
VIEW THE PRELIMINARY PROGRAM
All times listed are in AEST
|Early bird (until COB 15 October 2021* )||$440||$550|
*COB is 5:00pm AEST
All registration rates include GST
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions. SHPA reserve the right to cancel a seminar or make changes to the program
* You will receive a tax invoice and separate confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive these by the next business day, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leonie Frick, Senior Emergency Pharmacist, Barwon Health, Univeristy Hospital Geelong, Vic
- Standard 3.1.1 Obtain relevant health and medicines information
- Standard 3.1.2 Assess medication management practices and needs
- Standard 3.1.3 Collaborate to develop a medication management strategy or plan
- Standard 3.3.2 Apply clinical review findings to improve health outcomes
- Standard 3.5.1 Review trends in medicine use
- Standard 3.5.2 Promote evidence-based medicine use
- Standard 4.2.1 Work with established systems
- Standard 4.2.2 Plan and prioritise work
- Standard 4.2.3 Maintain productivity
- Standard 4.2.4 Monitor progress and priorities
- Standard 4.3.2 Foster initiative and contribute to innovation, improvement and service development
- Standard 4.3.3 Encourage, influence and facilitate change
- Standard 5.2.3 Undertake critical evaluation activities
- Standard 5.3.1 Identify information needs and resource requirements
National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016
This activity has been accredited for 9.25 hours of Group-1 CPD and 10 hours of Group-2 CPD (for a total of 29.25 CPD credits), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2020/51.