Extension Seminar in Cardiology
The Extension Seminar in Cardiology will be delivered by a combination of self-paced learning package followed by a live virtual seminar on Saturday 24 July 2021. The program is led by the 2021 SHPA Cardiology Leadership Committee and features presentations from leading clinicians across Australia. The program is designed for pharmacists looking to extend and consolidate their practice in cardiology, including those currently working within cardiology practice settings and those with a strong interest in the clinical application of cardiology therapeutics. Areas covered include chronic coronary artery disease, diabetes and heart disease, device therapy and pulmonary hypertension.
The self-paced learning package comprises approximately 7 hours of learning material and will be available from Friday 11 June 2021. The live virtual component of this seminar will take place on Saturday 24 July 2021. The self-paced learning package materials must be completed prior to attending the live virtual seminar.
View the preliminary program
Unsure if this is the right level for you? View the seminar level descriptors.
Please note: presentation recordings from the live virtual seminar will not be available.
This seminar is now sold out. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist, check the SHPA events calendar for upcoming seminars.
All registration rates include GST
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions. SHPA reserve the right to cancel a seminar or make changes to the program
- Adam Livori, Seminar Co-Lead;Team Leader - Medical Specialties/Cardiology Clinic Pharmacist, Ballarat Health Services, Ballarat, Vic
- Kate Ziser, Seminar Co-Lead; Senior Pharmacist, The Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Qld
- Avril Derwent, Clinical Nurse, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, SA
- Cassandra Potts,Senior Pharmacist – Cardiology, Flinders Medical Centre, SA
- Sarah Hitchen, Senior Pharmacist, Fiona Stanley Hospital, South Metropolitan Health Service, Perth, WA
- Dr Derk Pol, General Cardiologist and Interventional Fellow, MonashHeart & Latrobe Regional Hospital, Monash University Lecturer/Tutor
- Dr Kathryn Tiver, EP Fellow and PhD Candidate, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, SA
This activity has been accredited for for 6.15 hours of Group-1 CPD and 5.25 hours of Group-2 CPD (for a total of 16.65 CPD credits), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan.
The accreditation number is S2021/46.
Competency standards* addressed
- Standard 3.1.2 Assess medication management practices and needs
- Standard 3.2.3 Dispense medicines (including compounded medicines) in consultation with the patient and/or prescriber
- Standard 3.3.1 Undertake a clinical review
- Standard 3.3.2 Apply clinical review findings to improve health outcomes
- Standard 3.5.2 Promote evidence-based medicine use
- Standard 4.7.6 Work across service delivery boundaries
- Standard 5.2.3 Undertake critical evaluation activities
- Standard 5.3.1 Identify information needs and resource requirements
- Standard 5.3.3 Apply research evidence into practice
- Standard 5.3.4 Provide advice and recommendations’
*National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016