Extension Seminar in Critical Care
This seminar is designed for critical care pharmacists interested in building their clinical skills and knowledge and covers complex critical care clinical topics such as management of bone marrow transplant patients, toxicology, ECMO and a comprehensive paediatric overview of many ICU topics.
This seminar is designed to be educational, inspirational, interactive and fun so come along and spend a weekend in beautiful Canberra with colleagues and friends.
|Early bird (Until 1 June)||$600||$750|
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
* You will receive a tax invoice and separate confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive these by the next business day, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing email@example.com.
Belinda Badman, Pharmacist Team Leader, Critical Care, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane
Michele Cree,Pharmacist Lead Critical Care, Children’s Health, Queensland Hospital and Health Service
- Karlee Johnston, BPharm MClinPharm, Pharmacy Team Leader Division of Critical Care, Canberra Hospital ACT
- Standard 2.3.1 Use appropriate communication skills
- Standard 3.1.2 Assess medication management practices and needs
- Standard 3.2.1 Administer medicines
- Standard 3.2.3 Dispense medicines (including compounded medicines) in consultation with the patient and/or prescriber
- Standard 3.2.4 Prescribe medicines
- Standard 3.3.1 Undertake a clinical review
- Standard 3.3.2 Apply clinical review findings to improve health outcomes
- Standard 3.3.3 Document clinical review findings and changes in medication management
- Standard 4.1.1 Display emotional awareness and effective self-regulation of emotions
- Standard 5.3.1 Identify information needs and resource requirements
National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016
This activity has been accredited for 8.5 hours of Group-1 CPD, and 4.25 hours of Group-2 CPD (a total of 17 CPD credits), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2018/42.