Foundation Seminar in Infectious Diseases
Using didactic sessions and small group interactive case studies, the Foundation Seminar in Infectious Diseases provides participants with the basic skills required to manage patients with infectious diseases. The choice of antimicrobial therapy for common gram positive, gram negative and fungal pathogens will be discussed along with the rationale behind antimicrobial selection. Participants will also gain an understanding of the pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics (PD) of antimicrobials and the clinical application of PK/PD parameters to optimise the efficacy of antimicrobial agents.
View the preliminary PROGRAM
- Describe principles of infectious diseases and antimicrobial stewardship, the role of microbiology and interpret typical microbiology laboratory reports
- Describe pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) parameters of antimicrobials and the clinical application of PK/PD parameters to optimise the efficacy of antimicrobial agents
- Describe which antimicrobials require therapeutic drug monitoring and interpret antimicrobial serum concentrations with respect to infectious disease states
- Describe common infections caused by Gram-positive, Gram-negative and fungal pathogens seen in hospital patients and discuss the rationale behind antimicrobial therapy associated with these infections via case studies.
|Early bird (Until COB 26 April )||$600||$780|
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions. SHPA reserve the right to cancel a seminar or make changes to the program
* You will receive a tax invoice and separate confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive these by the next business day, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing email@example.com.
- Fiona Doukas, BPharm, MPH (InfDis) – Senior Pharmacist (Antimicrobial Stewardship), Concord Repatriation General Hospital, NSW
- Dr Pam Konecny, MBBS, MD, DTM&H(Lon), MPH, FRACP, FACSHM - Senior Staff Specialist Infectious Diseases, St George Hospital, NSW
- Dr Brenda McMullan, BMed(Hons), DTMH, FRACP, FRCPA - Paediatric Infectious Diseases Physician, Staff Specialist, Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Sydney Children's Hospita, NSW
- Dr Shelanah Fernando, MBBS (Hons), FRACP, FRCPA, Infectious Diseases Staff Specialist and Microbiologist, Concord Hospital, NSW