Foundation Seminar in Oncology
The Foundation Seminar in Oncology will be delivered by a combination of a self-paced online learning package and a one-day virtual seminar. It is designed to improve your knowledge and skills in oncology and is targeted to pharmacists with one to two years experience in a cancer pharmacy setting or those who may be about to rotate into such a setting.
The self-paced learning package comprises approximately 10 hours of learning material and will be available online from Thursday 1 April, followed by the live virtual component on Saturday 8 May 2021. The self-paced learning package must be completed prior to attending the live seminar day.
Please note: presentation recordings from the live virtual seminar will not be available.
We look forward to your involvement in this exciting seminar!
Unsure if this is the right level for you? View the seminar level descriptors.
VIEW THE PROGRAM
All times listed are in AEST
This seminar is now sold out. Please contact email@example.com to be added to the waitlist, check the SHPA events calendar for upcoming seminars.
All registration rates include GST
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions. SHPA reserve the right to cancel a seminar or make changes to the program
Presenters & tutors
- Michael Powell, Pharmacist Advanced - Cancer and Blood Disorders, Gold Coast Hospital & Health Service, Gold Coast, Qld
- Amanda Tey, Special Medicine Team Leader & Senior Haematology Pharmacist, Monash Health, Melbourne, Vic
- John Coutsouvelis, Senior Clinical Pharmacist, Alfred Health, Melbourne, Vic
- Hayley Vasileff, Team Leader Pharmacist - Haematology and Oncology, SA Pharmacy, Women's and Children's Hospital, Adelaide, SA
- Chi Hao La, Senior Oncology Pharmacist, Monash Health, Melbourne, Vic
- Ashleigh Boatman, Senior Pharmacist - Oncology/Haematology, Dubbo Base Hospital, Dubbo, NSW
- Jeanie Misko, Medicines Information Senior Pharmacist, Fiona Stanley Hospital, Perth, WA
- Hadley Bortz, Senior Pharmacist - Anticoagulation Stewardship / HTH, Alfred Health, Melbourne, Vic
- Melanie De Greef, Senior Cancer Pharmacist, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Qld
- Vivian Chan, Senior Cancer Pharmacist, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Qld
This activity has been accredited for 7.92 hours of Group-1 CPD and 10 hours of Group-2 CPD (for a total of 20.92 CPD credits), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan.
The accreditation number is S2021/27.
Competency standards* addressed
- Standard 1.6.1 Collaborate to improve quality and safety across the continuum of care
- Standard 2.3.1 Use appropriate communication skills
- Standard 3.1.2 Assess medication management practices and needs
- Standard 3.1.3 Collaborate to develop a medication management strategy or plan
- Standard 3.2.1 Administer medicines
- Standard 3.2.2 Provide primary care and promote judicious use of medicines
- Standard 3.2.3 Dispense medicines (including compounded medicines) in consultations with the patient and/or prescriber
- Standard 3.2.5 Provide counselling and information for safe and effective medication management
- Standard 3.3.1 Undertake a clinical review
- Standard 3.3.2 Apply clinical review findings to improve health outcomes
- Standard 3.3.3 Document clinical review findings and changes in medication management
*National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016