SHPA members play a key role in healthcare service delivery in Australia. SHPA has a diverse membership of pharmacists, pharmacy interns, pharmacy students and technicians working in a wide range of healthcare settings. Our members are progressive advocates for clinical excellence, passionate about patient care and committed to evidence-based practice.
SHPA exists to promote and protect the well-being of all members as you travel on your professional journey. Our membership involves one low payment for each financial year of membership, or instalments are available.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Evidence-based resources to assist your practice at your fingertips
Support to further your career
A strong and respected voice to advocate on your behalf
Stay connected with the profession
Be recognised as a medicines management expert
- Hundreds of hours of free CPD online through SHPA eCPD
- Free regular face-to-face CPD events and webinars in every branch covering all the specialties of hospital pharmacy including: haemotology, clinical trials, antimicrobial stewardship, hepatitis C, palliative care, patient counselling, toxicology, obesity, post-operative care, oral chemotherapy and many more
- Discount registration to SHPA seminars delivered by leaders in specialist pharmacy care in areas such as oncology, cardiology, critical care, emergency medicine, infectious diseases, paediatric pharmacy as well as other symposiums and conferences including our annual Medicines Management conference
- Online CPD support, guidance and recording for people who want CPD to be more than just ‘ticking the box’.
- Online access to thousands of full-text journal articles covering the latest pharmacy evidence via EBSCOhost, Medline and Dynamed, a comprehensive evidence-based clinical reference tool
- Key pharmacy reference e-books in a range of topics as selected by SHPA clinical experts
- Online access to Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research (JPPR) our pharmacy journal celebrating its 50th year in 2016
- Easy pathway for accreditation to enable you to conduct government funded medication management and residential medication management reviews in your pharmacy practice
- Exclusive grants available only for SHPA members for research and development
- Employment opportunities in hospital pharmacies across Australia via SHPA jobs board
- Discounted access to shpaclinCAT competency assessment tool to support your optimal professional development
- Advocacy to influence contemporary pharmacy practice and reinforce the key role of pharmacists in hospitals and other healthcare settings to ensure optimal patient care
- Networking opportunities with like-minded peers
- Opportunities to hear from and liaise with leaders in hospital pharmacy in Australia and internationally
- Regular updates about key hospital pharmacy news, events, jobs and policy through SHPA communications including eNews, Facebook and Twitter
- Discounted Qantas club membership to make traveling to conferences and events more comfortable
- Use the MSHP post-nominal to indicate your professional commitment
- Nominated by their peers, SHPA members can be recognised professionally in the annually awarded SHPA Medal of Merit, Australian Clinical Pharmacy Award and the Fred J Boyd Award.
SHPA has membership plans to suit pharmacists at all stages of their career. Join us now to enhance your professional development and career journey.
Click here to find out how to join SHPA or renew your membership.