Consolidate your practice, drive your career and lead the field at every stage of your career by becoming an SHPA member.
With SHPA as your professional partner, you are supported and enabled through a diverse range of continuing professional development offerings, innovative workforce programs, and research, networking and advocacy opportunities.
Transform your career and expand your expertise by joining Australia's 5200-strong community of leading, pharmacists, pharmacy interns, pharmacy students and technicians.
Professional, practice and personal support during COVID-19
SHPA is constantly monitoring the evolving situation surrounding the impact of COVID-19, as the health and safety of SHPA members and colleagues, and the Australians in their care, is paramount. With SHPA as your professional partner, you can access our full suite of emergency initiatives.
Tailor your continuing professional development (CPD) to your specific goals with:
- 1,100+ CPD credits (including 660+ Group 2 credits) available every year to help achieve your CPD requirements.
- Free access to SHPA's CPD Central, your online CPD planning and recording tool.
- Discounted registration to virtual, face-to-face, and self-paced seminars.
- Free education via Online CPD (onlinecpd.shpa.org.au), your primary hub for seminar support materials, national webinars, SHPA branch education events and webinars, case studies, resources and Specialty Practice discussion forums.
- Free access to SHPA’s EMIT (Electronic Medicines Information Training) core content and discounted access to CPD across 22 modules. EMIT provides up-to-date, curated education on seeking information you can trust, clinically relevant to Australia.
- Clinical education across specialty areas including oncology, infectious diseases, laboratory tests, cardiology, critical care, emergency medicine, geriatric medicine and many more to build your expertise.
Build you career with Australia's most innovative hospital pharmacy development programs, including:
- Residency Program: Invaluable hands-on experience and patient interaction for early-career and advancing pharmacists.
- Mentoring Program: Fostering one-to-one connections to build confidence, sharpen focus and grow job satisfaction.
- Executive Coaching: One-on-one coaching with trained mentor, executive coach and futurist Kristin Michaels FAICD; a powerful way to lift your eyes to the horizon.
- Stay up to date with the latest innovations through online access to the Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research (JPPR) and Pharmacy GRIT.
- Online access to thousands of full-text journal articles covering the latest pharmacy evidence via EBSCOhost, Medline and Dynamed, a comprehensive evidence-based clinical reference tool.
- Use the MSHP post-nominal to indicate your professional commitment.
- Be recognised professionally through SHPA Awards: the Fred J Boyd Award, the Australian Clinical Pharmacy Award and the SHPA Medal of Merit.
- Be recognised by your peers through the SHPA Members' Awards, in Early Career Pharmacist, Technician and Team Innovation categories.
Shape the future of Australian hospital pharmacy.
- Join Specialty Practice streams to expand your impact and influence and drive education and innovation across 30 pharmacy disciplines.
- Provide advice to local and national government, the Therapeutic Goods Administration and other stakeholders through participation in SHPA’s policy and advocacy.
- Enjoy discounted registration to key annual events including SHPA Virtual Congress (2020) and Medicines Management, Australian's largest annual scientific pharmacy conference (2021).
- Contribute to essential, evidence based pharmacy resources, and purchase with member discount; leading publications include the Australian Injectable Drugs Handbook and Don’t Rush to Crush.
- Network with fellow hospital pharmacists and technicians through events at SHPA’s seven state and territory Branches.
- Regular updates about key hospital pharmacy issues through SHPA’s eNews, Facebook and Twitter.
- Find your next career opportunity with SHPA’s Jobs Board with new easy-to-use search, filter and email alert options, designed to make looking for your new position, or finding your next team member, easy.
Member Benefits access
Once you have joined SHPA, please allow one working day (Vic) to receive an email confirmation and access to Online CPD (onlinecpd.shpa.org.au).