Consolidate your practice, drive your career and lead the field at every stage of your career by becoming an SHPA member.
With SHPA as your professional partner, you are supported and enabled through a diverse range of continuing professional development offerings, innovative workforce programs, and research, networking and advocacy opportunities.
Transform your career and expand your expertise by joining Australia's 5200-strong community of leading, pharmacists, pharmacy interns, pharmacy students and technicians.
Professional, practice and personal support during COVID-19
SHPA is constantly monitoring the evolving situation surrounding the impact of coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19), as the health and safety of SHPA members and colleagues, and the Australians in their care, is paramount.
With SHPA as your professional partner, you can access our full suite of emergency initiatives.
Tailor your continuing professional development (CPD) to your specific goals with:
- 1,100+ CPD credits (including 500+ Group 2 credits) available every year to help you hit your annual target.
- Free access to SHPA's CPD Central, your online CPD planning and recording tool.
- Discounted registration to seminars.
- Free education via Online CPD (shpa.moodle.com.au), your primary hub for seminar support materials, webinars, case studies, resources and Specialty Practice discussion forums.
- Free access to SHPA’s EMIT (Electronic Medicines Information Training) core content and discounted access to CPD across 22 modules. EMIT provides up-to-date, curated education on seeking information you can trust, clinically relevant to Australia.
- Clinical education across specialty areas including oncology, infectious diseases, laboratory tests, cardiology, critical care, emergency medicine, geriatric medicine and many more to build your expertise.
Build you career with Australia's most innovative hospital pharmacy development programs, including:
- SHPA Residency Program: Invaluable hands-on experience and patient interaction for early-career pharmacists.
- SHPA Mentoring Program: Fostering one-to-one connections to build confidence, sharpen focus and grow job satisfaction.
- SHPA Tech Role Redesign Project: Transforming the hospital pharmacy workforce and building technician and assistant capacity.
- National Translational Research Collaborative: A virtual hub connecting pharmacy researchers to project partners and funding opportunities.
- Stay up to date with the latest innovations through online access to the Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research and Pharmacy GRIT.
- Online access to thousands of full-text journal articles covering the latest pharmacy evidence via EBSCOhost, Medline and Dynamed, a comprehensive evidence-based clinical reference tool.
- Use the MSHP post-nominal to indicate your professional commitment.
- Be recognised professionally through the SHPA Medal of Merit, Australian Clinical Pharmacy Award and the Fred J Boyd Award.
Shape the future of Australian hospital pharmacy.
- Join SHPA’s Specialty Practice streams to expand your impact and influence and drive education and innovation across 28 pharmacy disciplines.
- Provide advice to local and national government, the Therapeutic Goods Administration and other stakeholders through participation in SHPA’s policy and advocacy.
- Enjoy discounted registration to key annual events including Medicines Management.
- Contribute to essential, evidence based pharmacy resources including the Australian Injectable Drugs Handbook and Don’t Rush to Crush.
- Network with fellow hospital pharmacists and technicians through events at SHPA’s seven state and territory branches.
- Regular updates about key hospital pharmacy issues through SHPA’s eNews, Facebook and Twitter.