Consolidate your practice, drive your career and lead the field by becoming a SHPA member at any career stage.
With SHPA as your professional partner, you are supported and enabled at every stage of your career journey by a diverse range of continuing professional development offerings, innovative workforce programs, and research, networking and advocacy opportunities.
Transform your career and expand your expertise by joining Australia's 5000-strong community of leading, pharmacists, pharmacy interns, pharmacy students and technicians.
Tailor your continuing professional development (CPD) to your specific goals with:
- 1,100+ CPD credits (including 500+ Group 2 credits) available every year to help you hit your annual target.
- Free access to SHPA's eCPD online tool and personal support.
- Clinical education across specialty areas including oncology, infectious diseases, laboratory tests, cardiology, critical care, emergency medicine, geriatric medicine and many more to build your expertise.
- Discounted registration to seminars and free online learning to help you meet your CPD plan needs.
Build you career with Australia's most innovative hospital pharmacy development programs, including:
- SHPA Residency Program: Invaluable hands-on experience and patient interaction for early-career pharmacists.
- SHPA Mentoring Program: Fostering one-to-one connections to build confidence, sharpen focus and grow job satisfaction.
- SHPA Tech Role Redesign Project: Transforming the hospital pharmacy workforce and building technician and assistant capacity.
- National Translational Research Collaborative: A virtual hub connecting pharmacy researchers to project partners and funding opportunities.
- Stay up to date with the latest innovations through online access to the Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research and Pharmacy GRIT.
- Online access to thousands of full-text journal articles covering the latest pharmacy evidence via EBSCOhost, Medline and Dynamed, a comprehensive evidence-based clinical reference tool.
- Use the MSHP post-nominal to indicate your professional commitment.
- Be recognised professionally in the annually awarded SHPA Medal of Merit, Australian Clinical Pharmacy Award and the Fred J Boyd Award
Shape the future of Australian hospital pharmacy.
- Join any of SHPA’s Specialty Practice streams to expand your impact and influence and drive education and innovation across 24 pharmacy disciplines.
- Provide advice to local and national government, the Therapeutic Goods Administration and other stakeholders through participation in SHPA’s policy and advocacy.
- Enjoy discounted registration to key annual events: Future Summit and Medicines Management.
- Contribute to essential, evidence based pharmacy resources including the Australian Injectable Drugs Handbook and Don’t Rush to Crush.
- Stay across global best practice through SHPA’s international partnerships.
- Network with fellow hospital pharmacists and technicians through events at SHPA’s seven state and territory branches.
- Regular updates about key hospital pharmacy issues through SHPA’s eNews, Facebook and Twitter.
MM2018: SHPA members SAVE $500 on registration!
Planning on attending MM2018 this November? SHPA full pharmacist members save a huge $500 on registration! Another great reason to join SHPA or renew today, recover the majority of your membership fee when you register for Australia’s largest scientific pharmacy conference.