Power your potential
The SHPA Mentoring Program fosters one-to-one connections, enabling pharmacists to build confidence, sharpen focus, dismantle barriers and grow job satisfaction.
By nurturing the workforce and the pharmacy profession, the SHPA Mentoring Program ultimately aims to enhance the outcomes of Australian patients.
The inaugural year of the SHPA Mentoring Program will see the cost of entry waived and places strictly limited.
Partnerships will be expertly matched during compulsory training days on Sunday 11 and Monday 12 February 2018 in Melbourne.
In the 2018 pilot the SHPA Mentoring Program is targeting mid-career pharmacists as mentees, defined as those with 10-15 years of pharmacy practice experience.
- Friday 17 November 2017: Mentee applications open
- Sunday 3 December 2017: Mentee applications close
- Monday 18 December 2017: Successful mentees notified
- Sunday 11 / Monday 12 February 2018: Mentee training, Melbourne.
In the 2018 pilot the SHPA Mentoring Program is targeting pharmacists in their later career stage – with more than 15 years of pharmacy practice experience – as mentors.
- Friday 17 November 2017: Mentor applications open
- Sunday 10 December 2017: Mentor applications close
- Monday 18 December 2017: Successful mentors notified
- Sunday 11 / Monday 12 February 2018: Mentor training, Melbourne.
Apply to be a mentor - applications close Sunday 10 December.
- Learn new skills, build confidence and develop greater focus in your professional practice
- Discover new things about yourself through guided self-reflection
- Realise your hidden strengths and talents, and how to make the most of them
- Have greater advocacy impact through your mentor
- Grow your confidence, emotional intelligence, flexible behaviour and communication skills
- Access new networking opportunities
- Learn new things about yourself
- Enhanced professional satisfaction and motivation in the workplace
- An opportunity to ‘give back’ to the profession and your colleagues
- Strengthen interpersonal skills
- Enhanced confidence and flexibility in leadership
- Improved listening skills, increased empathy and ability to engage in difficult conversations
- Satisfaction through knowledge-sharing with your mentee
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org