NSW Branch Symposium: Getting hyper about diabetes
The NSW SHPA Branch Committee presents to members the first ever 2020 online symposium. Come and join us for a short break from COVID-19 and take your mind off the recent bushfires with a bit of hype about diabetes. We’re offering this for free to members to acknowledge the tough times and hard work everyone has been putting in. Please check back here as well as keep an eye out in the monthly bulletin for updates to the event schedule.
Presentations topics include:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Diabetic foot infections
- Diagnosis and treatment of DKA
- Building Patient Concordance in Diabetes Management
- Insulin management
- Focus sessions on diabetes technology as well as diabetes medication management principles during hospitalisation
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr Darshika Christie David, Endocrinologist, Royal North Shore Hospital and the Northern Beaches Health Service; Chair, NSLHD Diabetes Network; Lecturer, University of Sydney, NSW
- Dr Timothy Gray, Infectious Diseases Physician and Clinical Microbiologist, Concord Repatriation General Hospital; Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Sydney, NSW
- A/Prof Glynis Ross, Visiting Endocrinologist, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney; Senior Staff Specialist, Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital, NSW
- Nader Armaneous, Community Pharmacist, Credentialled Diabetes Educator
- Prof N Wah Cheung, Director, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Westmead Hospital; Clinical Professor, University of Sydney, NSW
- Tracy Leung, Health Coach, Get Healthy Information & Coaching Service, NSW
- Penny Morris, Clinical Nurse Consultant, Credentialled Diabetes Educator, Diabetes Service St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney, NSW
- Jane Ludington, Senior Pharmacist, Credentialled Diabetes Educator, Diabetes Service St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney, NSW