Osteoporosis management in older adults
Osteoporotic fractures are associated with significant rates of morbidity and mortality. The incidence of osteoporosis is increasing due to our ageing population. However, despite the availability of effective preventive treatments, osteoporosis is frequently underdiagnosed and/or undertreated, particularly among the elderly. This webinar will provide an overview of osteoporosis diagnosis and screening, and review the various treatment modalities for osteoporosis in older adults.
This webinar will commence at 1.00pm AEST
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
* You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing email@example.com.
- David Nguyen, Senior Clinical Pharmacist - Geriatric Medicine, Alfred Health, VIC
The program addresses the following pharmacy competency standards:
- Standard 3.2.3 Dispense medicines (including compound medicines) in consultation with the patient and/or prescriber
- Standard 5.3.3 Apply research evidence into practice
National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016
This CPD event has been accredited for 1 hour of Group CPD (a total of 1 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2020/17.