At Pﬁzer, we apply science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to set the standard for quality, safety and value in the discovery, development and manufacturing of medicines. Our diversiﬁed global healthcare portfolio includes human biologic, small molecule medicines and vaccines, as well as many of the world’s best-known consumer products.
Up to $10,000 available
Utilising SHPA's National Translational Research Collaborative (NTRC), the Pfizer Young Pharmacists Grant 2018 supports future leaders of hospital pharmacy to gain international experience and professional development which will in turn, assist with service improvement in Australian hospital pharmacies.
- Applications open: 9:00am AEST Friday 10 August
- Applications close: 5:00pm AEST Friday 7 September
- Recipient notified: Friday 19 October
- Grant winner announced: Monday 19 November
Areas of focus
- Professional assistance for SHPA members ≤ 10 years post-registration experience in hospital pharmacy
- Funds are available for a national or international preceptorship
- Enables successful applicant to share ideas and knowledge with preceptor(s) of their choice
- Emphasis on an element of research as a component of professional preceptorship e.g. preceptorship with research mentor, opportunities as part of research team placement or with a preceptor renowned for translational research, gain experience in dissemination of research such as preceptorship with clinical journal and editorial team.
This grant is targeted at future pharmacy leaders and must align with NTRC objectives.
- An outline of your hospital pharmacy experience and achievements
- A plan or outline of the preceptorship including a detailed budget and milestones
- Rationale detailing the reason/s for wanting to undertake the preceptorship
- A letter of support from your Director of Pharmacy or equivalent
- An outline of your publication plans.
Grant applicant and recipient obligations