Qld Branch | Paediatrics: principles and common presentations
This event will provide an overview of paediatric principles; considerations & challenges for medication use in children and common paediatric presentations including asthma and diabetic ketoacidosis (first presentation of T1DM).
- Describe key principles of paediatric medicine.
- Discuss the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic changes in paediatric patients and how they influence medication use.
- Discuss the role of the pharmacist in managing paediatric patients, including the appropriate use of evidence and resources.
- Outline the medication management of common paediatric presentations, with a focus on asthma and diabetic ketoacidosis.
For further questions regarding the CE event, email email@example.com
This webinar will commence at 6:00pm AEST
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
* You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Karyn Dahms, Pharmacist Advanced – Women’s, Newborn and Children’s Services, Gold Coast Health, Qld
- Standard 3.1.2 Assess medication management practices and needs
- Standard 3.1.3 Collaborate to develop a medication management strategy or plan
- Standard 3.2.3 Dispense medicines (including compounded medicines) in consultation with the patient and/or prescriber
- Standard 3.3.1 Undertake a clinical review
National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group-1 CPD (or 1 CPD credit), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2020/29.