SA/NT Branch Symposium: Mental Health
This half-day virtual symposium will give pharmacists, irrespective of their practice area, an insight into the care for mental health patients and provide opportunities to learn about the diverse areas of mental health within pharmacy practice. Be guided by presentations from experienced pharmacists and practitioners!
Confirmed speakers include Dr Kim Le, child and adolescent psychiatrist, specialising in video game addiction or “gaming disorder” who has previously given a TED Talk titled “The Spell of Digital Immersion”, and Dr Will Liaw, adult psychiatrist, with extensive experience in recreational drugs.
**Please note all times listed are in ACST**
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
* You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr Kim Le, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, CGI Clinic
- Dr Will Liaw, Psychiatrist & Addiction Medicine Specialist
- Elise Apolloni, Pharmacist Partner, Capital Chemist Group
- Alice Wisdom, Senior Mental Health Pharmacist, Northern Adelaide Local Health Network, SA
- Lisa Rathjen, Senior Pharmacist Community Mental Health, Southern Adelaide Local Health Network, SA
- Standard 2.2.1 Show a commitment to interprofessional practice
- Standard 3.2.4 Prescribe medicines
- Standard 3.2.6 Facilitate continuity of care including during transitions of care
- Standard 3.6.2 Support health promotion activities and health services intended to maintain and improve health
- Standard 4.7.6 Work across service delivery boundaries
National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016
This activity has been accredited for 4.5 hours of Group-1 CPD and 1.5 hours of Group-2 CPD (for a total of 7.5 CPD credits), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan.The accreditation number is S2020/56.