Get a taste of what hospital pharmacy can offer you
Each year SHPA's Victorian Branch coordinates a selection of Victorian hospital based placements for pharmacy students over the summer. A list of hospitals offering placements is available here.
Student hospital placements give you early insight to:
- gain an introduction to hospital pharmacy services
- learn about the role of operational, clinical and specialist pharmacists
- get involved in quality use of medicines projects
- discover more about hospital pharmacy education and training opportunities
Apply for 2018/19 program
- You must have a current SHPA student member account or create an SHPA non-member account to apply.
- Check positions available at each hospital prior to submitting.
- Applications can only be submitted once however you can save a draft and return to it before submitting.
- Submit your draft prior to 11.59am AEST Friday 22 June. Draft applications will not be accepted.
- Friday 22 June: Applications close 11.59pm AEST
- 9 - 20 July: First round interviews
- 25 July: Second round interviews (if positions available)
Successful candidates will receive notifications directly from hospitals.
Want to find out more? Check out our handy FAQs.