Vic Branch CPD Event - Antifungals: an overview of what pharmacists need to know
This presentation covers background concepts of fungal pathogens, key clinical features and management considerations of invasive candidiasis and aspergillosis as well as the role of the pharmacist in antifungal stewardship. Karen Urbancic (B Pharm Hons, MClinPharm) is currently an Infectious Diseases/Antimicrobial Stewardship pharmacist at Austin Health, Melbourne. She is an early career researcher who specialises in optimising antimicrobial therapy in immunocompromised patients. When she’s not chasing after small children who call her “Mama”, she is chipping away at a PhD in the area of antifungal stewardship at the University of Melbourne and affiliated with the National Centres for Infection in Cancer (NCIC) and Antimicrobial Stewardship (NCAS).
- Outline common fungal pathogens and the concepts of colonisation, superficial infection and invasive infection
- Discuss the key clinical features and management considerations of invasive candidiasis
- Discuss the key clinical features and management considerations of invasive aspergillosis
- Outline key components of antifungal stewardship and the role of the pharmacist
- Member: Free - please register below, to ensure you are not charged. Enter your email address and select lookup, the discount will then be applied
- Non-member: $50.00
Access the free Webinar by registering here (members-only): LINK
Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
- Please complete the registration process below, and remember to 'check out'
- Follow our handy 'how to' guide to book for this event
* You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Urbancic (B Pharm Hons, MClinPharm), Infectious Diseases/Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist, Austin Health
- Standard 3.1.2 Assess medication management practices and needs
- Standard 3.2.3 Provide primary care and promote judicious use of medicines
- Standard 3.3.2 Apply clinical review findings to improve health outcomes
National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group-1 CPD (or 1 CPD credit), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2019/79.