Vic Branch | COVID-19: Victorian pharmacist experiences during the pandemic
This webinar will examine the management of COVID-19 patients in various settings and during varied stages of the pandemic. Real case examples will be discussed, including COVID-19 patients undergoing treatment and management within a private hospital ICU, and requiring extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- Describe the presentation of a patient with severe COVID-19 disease
- Describe management options for early stage COVID-19 disease
- Review the evidence-base for these management options
- Consider the impact of limited evidence on treatment decision making and shared medical management
- Describe the pharmacist role in facilitating timely care of COVID-19 patients in a private hospital
- Overview the role and function of ECMO in management of critically ill COVID-19 patients
- Describe issues arising in the management of critically ill COVID-19 patients using patient case examples
- Outline the extended hours pharmacy service at Alfred Health in the Intensive Care and General Medicine units
This webinar will commence at 6:30pm AEST
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
* You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing email@example.com.
- Stephanie Alexander, Clinical Team Leader, Slade Pharmacy, Epworth Hospital Richmond, Vic
- Grainne Hughes, ICU Senior Pharmacist, Alfred Health, Melbourne, Vic
The program addresses the following pharmacy competency standards:
- Standard 3.1.2 Assess medication management practices and needs
- Standard 3.3.1 Undertake a clinical review
- Standard 3.3.2 Apply clinical review findings to improve health outcomes
- Standard 3.5.2 Promote evidence-based medicine use
- Standard 4.7.6 Work across service delivery boundaries
National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group-1 CPD (or 1 CPD credit), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2020/52.