Panel discussion: experiences managing COVID-19 patients
COVID-19 has defined 2020 and presented a number of challenges for pharmacists on the frontline. Using case studies the expert panel members from Melbourne hospitals will discuss their real-life experiences with COVID-19. Topics covered will include design and constitution of COVID teams and structuring within hospitals, disease modifying therapies, post-acute infection sequelae and innovative approaches to pharmacy interventions.
This webinar will commence at 1:00pm AEST
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
* You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing email@example.com.
- Melissa Ankravs, ICU Senior Pharmacist, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Vic; Chair, SHPA Critical Care Leadership Committee
- Gail Edwards, General Medicine Senior Pharmacist, Alfred Health, Vic
- Misha Devchand, Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist, Austin Health, Vic
- Kelly Cairns, Lead Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist, Alfred Health, Melbourne, Vic
- Professor Jason Roberts, Professor of Medicine, University of Queensland, Qld; Clinical Pharmacist, Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital / Researcher, UQ CRE REDUCE, Brisbane, Qld
- Standard 3.1.2 Assess medication management practices and needs
- Standard 4.1.3 Display self-motivation, an innovative mindset and motivate others
- Standard 4.3.2 Foster initiative and contribute to innovation, improvement and service development
- Standard 4.7.6 Work across service delivery boundaries
*National competency standards framework for pharmacists in Australia, 2016
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group-1 CPD (or 1 CPD credit), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2020/33.