Overview of transplant medications
This webinar will introduce medications used in solid organ transplant patients. It will include immunosuppressant choice and monitoring, infective and other prophylactic medications, medication dosing issues and the treatment of new onset diabetes after a transplant. Strategies to support patient adherence to critical medications and to promote good medication management will also be covered.
- Overview medications used in solid organ transplant patients
- Explain factors influencing immunosuppressant choice and associated monitoring
- Overview prophylactic medications used in solid organ transplant patients, including anti-infectives
- Outline the treatment of new onset diabetes after a transplant
- Identify potential medication dosing issues in solid organ transplant patients
- Describe strategies to support patient adherence to critical medications and to promote good medication management
This webinar will commence 1:00pm AEDT
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
* You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing email@example.com.
- Ceridwen Jones, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, NSW
- Marc Grimer, Senior Pharmacist, Nephrology and Transplant, John Hunter Hospital, NSW
- Elaine Chan, Senior Renal Pharmacist, Westmead Hospital, NSW
- Standard 3.1.2 Assess medication management practices and needs
- Standard 3.3.1 Undertake a clinical review
- Standard 3.3.2 Apply clinical review findings to improve health outcomes
National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group-1 CPD (or 1 CPD credit), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2020/49.