Leadership Committee election nominations
Joining a Leadership Committee gives you an unparalleled opportunity to be part of a dynamic and supportive committee of seven members who lead and influence pharmacy practice in the specialty, advise SHPA and support fellow SHPA members, SHPA and pharmacy practice. It provides recognition for your expertise and an opportunity to develop your leadership skills.
Read the Leadership Committee member position description to learn more about the role.
Are you eligible?
Members of a stream's Practice Group can self-nominate to join the stream's Leadership Committee.
If you are ONLY a member of a stream's Interest Group, you are NOT eligible to join the Leadership Committee.
If your SHPA membership becomes due during the election period, please renew it immediately.
How to self-nominate
Complete and submit the web form before nominations close at 11.59 PM AEDT Tuesday 22 November 2022. If you would like to nominate for more than one Leadership Committee, please complete a separate web form for each nomination.
Tips for your candidate statement
In your candidate statement, consider including the following information:
- What you would like to achieve as a member of this Leadership Committee
- What you would like this Leadership Committee to achieve
- Your current role and where you work
- How long you have been a member of SHPA
- When/how you became interested in the specialty
- Your involvement in this specialty with SHPA committees, advocacy and/or education (especially if you are a current Leadership Committee member)
- Your research/presentations in this field
- Other special interests or achievements: funding, training, innovations, new roles.
After you SUBMIT your nomination form you will see a confirmation page. The Specialty Practice team will also send you an email to confirm receipt of your nomination within two business days.
Please direct any queries about the Leadership Committee nomination process to the Specialty Practice team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
21 September 2022 Nominations open
22 November 2022 Nominations close
7 December 2022 Voting opens
15 December 2022 Voting closes