WA Branch - Management of Acute Decompensated Heart Failure: Something for everyone
From the emergency department to the ward to the CCU, the management of acute decompensated heart failure is a skill most hospital pharmacists frequently use. This is an update and a refresher of everything from how the heart works, to the use of diuretics and inotropes and cardiac transplantation.
- Explain cardiac output, stroke volume,pre-load and after-load
- Discuss the concept and monitoring of inodilator therapy (the vasodilating positive inotrope)
- Explain euvolaemia and the use of diuretics (intravenous and oral) in achieving euvolaemia
- Explain the transition to ventricular assist devices
- Describe drug therapy requirements involved when a patient is to transition to a heart transplant
- Member: Free - please register below, to ensure you are not charged. Enter your email address and select lookup, the discount will then be applied
- Non-member: $50.00
*Refreshments served at 5:30pm, presentation begins at 6:00pm*
Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
- Please complete the registration process below, and remember to 'check out'
- Follow our handy 'how to' guide to book for this event
* You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Adam Hort, BPharm GradDipClinPharm, Lead Pharmacist for Cardiovascular and Respiratory Medicine, Fiona Stanley Hospital
- Standard 3.1.2 Assess medication management practices and needs
- Standard 3.2.3 Dispense medicines (including compounded medicines) in consultation with the patient and/or prescriber
- Standard 3.3.1 Undertake a clinical review
- Standard 3.3.2 Apply clinical review findings to improve health outcomes
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group-2 CPD (or 2 CPD credits), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2019/36.
National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016