Join more than 4000 of your peers leading innovative pharmacy practice in Australia at SHPA. SHPA has a diverse membership of pharmacists, pharmacist interns, students and technicians working in a wide range of healthcare settings. SHPA members lead the Pharmacy Departments at all 30 of the principal referral hospitals in Australia, as well as the vast majority of both Public Acute A and Public Acute B hospitals. Furthermore, 75% of all hospitals (public and private) have their Pharmacy Departments led by a SHPA member. Our members are progressive advocates for clinical excellence, passionate about patient care and committed to evidence-based practice.
SHPA exists to promote and protect the well-being of all members as you travel on your professional journey. SHPA supports members with skill development programs, training and peer support to enhance your career, whilst we engage with governments to increase understanding of the range, complexity and value of our members’ work. SHPA aims to create ongoing opportunities for you to get involved in the development and implementation of new projects and programs to benefit members.
How will SHPA membership benefit you?
- Comprehensive continuing professional development (CPD) support with SHPA online training, CPD events and webinars, guidance and automatic CPD recording for people who want more than a ‘tick the box’ approach to CPD
- Evidence-based resources to assist your practice at your fingertips including SHPA’s Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research (JPPR) and online access to crucial pharmacy resources, research journal articles and reference e-books through EBSCOhost, Medline and Dynamed
- Support to help you build a better career through employment opportunities via SHPA jobs board, high quality MMR accreditation program, research and development grants and discounted access shpaclinCAT competency assessment tool
- A strong and respected voice to advocate on your behalf to influence contemporary pharmacy practice and reinforce the key role of pharmacists in health care
- Stay connected with pharmacists leading the profession with opportunities to network with like-minded peers and regular e-news and social media updates on issues impacting your practice
Click here for more membership benefits.
SHPA has membership plans to suit pharmacists at all stages of their career. Join us now to enhance your professional development and career journey.