ACT Branch Symposium: Mental health
The ACT Branch Committee welcome you to this half day virtual symposium on the role of pharmacists looking after patients with mental health conditions.
This symposium is suitable for pharmacists working in all areas. The program will be made up of a combination of didactic presentations and case discussions. The program will provide insight into the management of behavioural emergencies, ADHD, mental health conditions in the perinatal period and metabolic conditions in high risk patients.
Registrations are limited to enable small group discussions.
The event time is approximate and subject to change, pending release of the program.
- Differentiate between acute mental health presentations
- Outline treatment options for various acute mental health presentations
- Describe the symptoms, causes and evidence-based treatment options for mental health emergencies.
- Explain the complexity of decisions surrounding the risks and benefits of using medicines for mental health in the perinatal population.
- Describe the aetiology of and the pharmacological treatment options for ADHD.
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
* You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing email@example.com.
- Penelope Maxwell, Senior Mental Health Pharmacist, Mater Mental Health Centre + Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Dr Joey Le, Consultant Child, Adolescent and Family, Forensic and Adult Psychiatrist
- Dr Phillip Keightley, Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Psychiatrist, CAMHS Canberra Health Services