Extension Seminar in Oncology
Are you a pharmacist currently working in cancer services? Are you looking to consolidate your knowledge in disease specific areas of oncological and haematological malignancy? This seminar presents information on current gold standard treatments for several of the most common malignant diseases including melanoma, chronic lymphocytic leukaemia and lung cancer. Participants will benefit from the clinical expertise of experienced presenters and work through topical and challenging case studies, drawn from the clinical practice.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS NOW CLOSED. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO REGISTER PLEASE CONTACT SUSANNAH MURRAY ON 03 9486 0177.
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
* You will receive a tax invoice and separate confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive these by the next business day, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Julie Adams, B Pharm, Grad Dip Hosp Pharm, Managing Director, Chemo At Home, WA
- Hadley Bortz, BPharm, MClinPharm, Opiod Stewardship Pharmacist, Alfred Health, VIC
- John Coutsouvelis, BPharm, BCOP, Senior Clinical Pharmacist, Oncology and Heamotology, Alfred Hospital, VIC
- Geoff Grima, BPharm, PGradDipClinPharm, AACP, AdvPracPharm, Director of Pharmacy, Redcliff Hospital QLD
- Brett Janson, BPharm, Clinical Pharmacist, Peter McCallum Cancer Centre, VIC
- Melanie McMillan, BPharm, GradDipHospPharm, Senior Clinical Pharmacist, Eastern Health, VIC
- Gail Rowan, DipClinPharm, BCOP, Senior Pharmacist, Peter McCallum Cancer Centre
- Dr Rebecca Szabo, MBBS, FRANZCOG, GDCE, GCH (Pall Care), SpecCertClinRes (Onc), Obstetrician/Gynaecologist Senior Lecturer, Women's Health and Selectives Coordinator, The Women's, University of Melbourne Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, VIC
The program addresses pharmacist competency standards, including:
- Standard 3.1.2 Assess medication management practices and needs
- Standard 3.1.3 Collaborate to develop a medication management strategy or plan
- Standard 3.3.1 Undertake a clinical review
- Standard 3.3.2 Apply clinical review findings to improve health outcomes
- Standard 3.3.3 Document clinical review findings and changes in medication management
National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016
This activity has been accredited for 7.25 hours of Group-1 CPD, and 4 hours of Group-2 CPD (a total of 15.25 CPD credits), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number for your reference is S2018/23.