VIC Branch: Intravenous Fluid Management in Adults - how did we get here?
This presentation will provide an overview of intravenous fluid management in adults including product availability, selection and prescribing
- Select appropriate intravenous fluids to be used in different clinical situations
- Describe the range of common fluids available in Australia and how we have ended up with these
- Identify variations in international practice on use of intravenous fluid therapy
- Distinguish between intravenous fluid regimens used for routine maintenance therapy versus replacement or resuscitation
- Explain how medical practitioners assess and calculate patient's fluid needs
- Identify common scenarios where inappropriate fluid prescribing may occur
- Member: Free - please register below, to ensure you are not charged. Enter your email address and select lookup, the discount will then be applied
- Non-member: $50.00
Access the free Webinar by registering here (members-only): LINK
Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
- Please complete the registration process below, and remember to 'check out'
- Follow our handy 'how to' guide to book for this event
* You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing email@example.com
Associate Professor Forbes McGain; MBBS, FANZCA, FCICM, PhD. Anaesthetist and Intensive Care Physician, Western Health and Honorary Associate Professor, School of Medicine, University of Sydney
- 3.1.2 Assess medication management practices and needs
- 3.2.4 Prescribe medicines
- 3.3.2 Apply clinical review findings to improve health outcomes
National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group-1 CPD (or 1 CPD credit) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2018/82.