Extension Seminar in Emergency Medicine
This interactive two-day seminar provides pharmacists with an update in therapeutics in a number of Emergency Medicine specialty areas as well as the latest in Emergency Medicine pharmacy hot topics. Attendees will experience workshopping QI projects and cases in a range of therapeutic areas together. The Extension Seminar in Emergency Medicine provides a combination of didactic and case study sessions with opportunity for attendees to present themselves. Attendees are invited to present a short three minute slide presentation on a project, case or issue from their Emergency Department. The course is designed to meet the needs of pharmacists who work in the Emergency Department environment.
View the preliminary program
|Early bird (Until COB 28 June 2019 )||$600||$750|
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions. SHPA reserve the right to cancel a seminar or make changes to the program
* You will receive a tax invoice and separate confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive these by the next business day, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing email@example.com.
Speakers or Tutors:
- Leonie Abbott, Seniot Emergency Pharmacist, Barwon Health, Geelong, Vic
- Dr Melinda Berry, Senior Staff Specialist, St Vincent's Hospital and Sydney Children's Hospital, NSW
- Dr Jeff Post, Infectious Diseases Physician, Senior Staff Specialist Prince of Wales Private Hospital & Prince of Wales Hospital, NSW
- Cristina Roman, Lead Clinical Pharmacist - Emergency and Trauma, Alfred Health, Melbourne, Vic
- Dr Simone Taylor, Senior Pharmacist, Emergency Medicine and Research, Austin Health, Melbourne, Vic
- Susan Welch, Senior Pharmacist (Research), St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney, NSW
- Amy Thomson, Emergency Medicine Pharmacist, Northern Beaches Hospital; Specialist in Poisons Information, NSW Poisons Information Centre, Sydney, NSW
- Elizabeth Doran, Pharmacist Team Leader Emergency & Trauma Centre, Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital, Brisbane, Qld
- Christopher Hidayat, Specialist Pharmacist - Emergency Medicine, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, NSW
- Dr Jonathan Brett, Staff Specialist - Clinical Pharmacology, Toxicology and Addiction Medicine, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, NSW
- Ms Julie Gawthorne, Clinical Nurse Consultant, Emergency Department, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney, NSW
- Suzanne Olding, Senior Emergency Medicine Pharmacist and Team Leader, Royal North Shore Hospital, NSW
- Dr Sue Ieraci, Emergency Medicine Physician
- Dr Andrew Coggins, Emergency Physician, Simulation Educator & Trauma Specialist, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, NSW