Kick-start your pharmacy career with a hospital pharmacy internship
Gain the grounding and skills you need to enhance your practice. Get on-the-job training at metropolitan, rural or regional hospitals and learn how to:
- undertake medication history interviews and detailed medication management reviews
- provide medicines information at all points of contact with the healthcare system
- interpret clinical laboratory results and make medicines recommendations
- work in specialised units e.g. emergency, intensive/coronary care, aged care, medical/surgical, oncology, paediatrics
- work in multidisciplinary teams with doctors, nurses and other health professionals.
Apply for an internship
- check this page for updated information
- follow SHPA on Facebook and Twitter
- attend one of SHPA's Intern Information Nights
- watch our intern information webinars
Join us at the SHPA Qld Branch ‘Hospital Internship 2019 Information Night’, 6:00pm to 8:00pm, Wednesday 6 June 2018 at the Main Lecture Theatre, UQ School of Pharmacy, with videoconference links (locations TBA). For more information or to RSVP email email@example.com
Find out more about the 2019 Victorian Hospital Pharmacy Intern Program.
Join us at the 2019 Victorian Hospital Pharmacy Intern Information Night from 6:30pm, Wednesday 30 May 2018 at Collingwood Town Hall.
Start your journey with the SHPA WA Branch Students Guide to Hospital Pharmacy Internships in WA, providing you with information about public and private hospitals internships, practical tips on applying for internships and preparing for an interview.