SHPA coordinates applications and efficiently, transparently and fairly matches candidates for Victorian Government subsidised internships as well as a number of Victorian public hospital funded internships.
80 Department of Health and Human Services and some Victorian public hospital funded pharmacy internships are available through the 2019 matching process.
Public and private hospital pharmacies fund additional internships from time-to-time and advertise positions on hospital or health service websites, local government careers websites, through Seek or on SHPA’s Jobs board.
- 9:00am Wednesday 25 July 2018: Applications open
- 5:00pm Wednesday 8 August 2018: Applications close (no new applications accepted)
- Monday 13 August 2018 - Monday 10 September 2018: Hospitals screen and rank applicants
- Tuesday 11 September 2018: Hospital preference lists provided to SHPA and students submit final ranked list of hospitals to SHPA
- Wednesday 12 September 2018 - Thursday 20 September 2018: Matching student preference against hospital preference occurs
- Friday 21 September 2018: Students and hospitals notified of outcomes
The full 2018-19 timeline of events if available here.
Hospital pharmacy information for 2019 applicants is your handy guide to hospitals offering intern positions via SHPA’s Victorian Hospital Pharmacy Intern Program in 2019. Coming soon!
|Health Service||Location||Govt-funded positions|
|Albury Wodonga Health Service||Wodonga||1|
|Ballarat Health Services||Ballarat||2|
|Central Gippsland Health Service||Sale||1|
|Eastern Health||Box Hill||4|
|Echuca Regional Health||Echuca||1|
|Latrobe Regional Hospital||Trarlgon||3|
|Mildura Base Hospital||Mildura||1|
|Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre||East Melbourne||2|
|Royal Children's Hospital||Parkville||4|
|Royal Melbourne Hospital||Parkville||8|
|Royal Women's Hospital||Parkville||2|
|St Vincent's Hospital||Fitzroy||7|
|Wimmera Health Care Group||Horsham||1|
Positions funded by hospitals will be finalised by 25 July 2018.
Ahead of potential new positions becoming available, sites should be prepared to demonstrate their readiness and reasons for hosting an intern training program and be able to provide hospital demographics and the ability to support a supernumerary training position.
SHPA Membership Manager, Justine Bassell on email@example.com