SHPA coordinates applications and efficiently, transparently and fairly matches candidates for Victorian Government subsidised internships as well as a number of Victorian public hospital funded internships.
90 Department of Health and Human Services and some Victorian hospital-funded pharmacy internships will be available through the 2021 matching process.
Public and private hospital pharmacies fund additional internships from time to time and advertise positions on hospital or health service websites, local government careers websites, through Seek or on SHPA’s Jobs board.
To contact SHPA about the Victorian Hospital Pharmacy Intern Program, email email@example.com
Interested in being a hospital pharmacy intern?
Key dates for 2021 internships:
- Victorian Hospital Pharmacy Internship Information webinar for students: 7.30 pm (AEST) Thursday 11 June 2020 Further information and registration → Information session recording
- Applications open: 9.00am Wednesday 22 July 2020 - An application link will be provided on this page when applications open.
- Applications close: 11.59pm Wednesday 5 August 2020
- Students upload CV, cover letter, other information and record pre-interview videos (link will be sent for each application) Friday 7th August - Monday 10th August
- Hospitals screen and rank candidates: Wednesday 12 August – Wednesday 9 September 2020
- Final preference lists due from students: Friday 11 September 2020
- Students notified of outcome: Tuesday 22 September 2020
How to apply and eligibility
- Australian and New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents who have completed, or will complete in 2020 a registrable pharmacy degree at a Victorian university, are eligible to apply for all positions – i.e. positions funded by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and positions funded by hospitals (non-DHHS).
- Australian and New Zealand citizens and Australian permanent residents who have completed, or will complete in 2020 a registrable pharmacy degree outside
Victoria, are eligible to apply for non-DHHS funded positions, but will only be considered for DHHS-funded positions after two rounds of matching.
- Applicants who are NOT an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident can apply for non-DHHS-funded positions, they are not eligible to apply for DHHS-funded positions.
- Students will be required to supply a cover letter and CV for their two equal first preference hospitals.
- Students must have a current SHPA student member account, or create a SHPA non-member account.
- Students should add firstname.lastname@example.org to their email safe sender list, as all emails will be sent from this address.
Frequently asked questions
Each hospital participating in the Victorian Hospital Pharmacy Intern Program may host their own online information session. These sessions will give prospective interns insight into the hospital and the structure of the intern program.