NSW Branch | De-prescribing in the hospital setting: role of the pharmacist
This presentation will provide an overview of de-prescribing in the hospital setting and the role of the pharmacist.
- Define deprescribing
- Appreciate deprescribing interventions that occur in hospital
- Describe current tools available for deprescribing
- Define the role of a pharmacist in deprescribing
Please ensure you have sufficient time to log on to the webinar for a 7pm AEDT presentation start.
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
* You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr Lisa Kouladjian O’Donnell, Research Fellow and Consultant Pharmacist, Kolling Institute, Royal North Shore Hospital, NSW
The program addresses the following pharmacy competency standards:
- Standard 3.1.2 Assess medication management practices and needs
- Standard 3.1.3 Collaborate to develop a medication management strategy or plan
- Standard 3.3.1 Undertake a clinical review
- Standard 3.3.2 Apply clinical review findings to improve health outcomes
- Standard 3.5.2 Promote evidence-based medicine use
National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016