The National Translational Research Collaborative (NTRC) project aims to establish a collaborative, cooperative, interdisciplinary network that brings practitioners and researchers together. It will drive high quality research and provide contemporary practice-based evidence.
The collaborative will foster the development of research skills, knowledge, capability and capacity especially amongst early career pharmacists. It will facilitate coordinated research to drive translation of research into practice. SHPA sees the collaborative delivering a more strategic approach to allocating research funds. For example, support for researchers, including possible PhD scholarships, to answer key research questions for SHPA and its members.
Want to know more?
NTRC Project: Andrew Matthews, General Manager, Workforce Transformation.
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0408 650 153
- Chair and Supporting SHPA Councillor: Dr Lisa Pont (NSW)
- Chair of the Research & Development Grants Advisory Committee (RDGAC): Assoc Prof Michael Barras (Qld)
- Editor in Chief of the Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research (JPPR): Assoc Prof Chris Alderman (SA)
- Past member of RDGAC: Dr Manya Angley (SA)
- Early career pharmacist: Brock Delfante (WA)
- Convenor, Scientific working group: Greg Roberts (SA)
- Convenor, Capability and capacity working group: Prof Jeff Hughes (WA)
- Research academic: Prof Andrew McLachlan (NSW)
- Practitioner researcher: Dr Luke Grzeskowiak (SA)
- Community pharmacist: Ms Karalyn Huxhagen (Qld)
- Non-pharmacist health researcher (Clinical pharmacologist and general physician): Prof Jennifer Martin (NSW)
- Non-pharmacist health researcher (Registered nurse and nursing researcher): Assoc Prof Karen-leigh Edward (Vic)
- Non-pharmacist community member (Consumer Advocate/Manager): Ms Anne McKenzie (WA)
Project manager: Andrew Matthews