Qld Branch | Clinical education: evidence based practice
Join the SHPA QLD Branch for a night of learning about learning.
As pharmacists we are often asked to teach/supervise others whether this be a medical or pharmacy student, an intern, a resident pharmacist or an entire department of pharmacists. Many of us are asked to do this without any formal training in teaching/supervising.
Karl Winckel, a clinical educator at the PAH and a lecturer/post-graduate course co-ordinator at UQ, will teach us how to teach.
- Outline key threshold concepts for learning.
- Compare deep and surface level learning
- Describe the concept of ‘shu har ri’
- Differentiate between learning styles
- Outline pragmatic approaches and tools to facilitate learning
- Identify key resources to support clinical education
This webinar will commence at 6:00pm AEST
- Register in the purple box below, then click on 'cart' at the top of the page (or under your menu options) and continue through checkout.
- Still having trouble registering? Follow our handy ‘how to’ guide
- Click here to view our Terms and Conditions
* You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of your registration. If you do not receive this within 4 hours, you have not completed your registration and your space is not guaranteed. Please contact the secretariat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Karl Winckel, Clinical Educator, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Qld; Lecturer/Post-graduate Course Co-ordinator, the School of Pharmacy, University of Queensland
- Standard 1.4.2 Determine professional development needs with reference to the competency standards
- Standard 4.1.2 Apply reflective skills for self-assessment
National Competency Standards Framework for Pharmacists in Australia, 2016
This activity has been accredited for 1 hour of Group-1 CPD (or 1 CPD credit), suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan. The accreditation number is S2020/37.