Specialty Practice is a valued SHPA member benefit and supports members to enhance their knowledge and advance their careers at every stage, while enabling specialist hospital pharmacist expertise to shape the profession and national health policy.
Specialty Practice provides three levels of engagement for members; many fields of practice in this model have an Interest Group, Practice Group and Leadership Committee, each being a subset of the former, and is termed a Specialty Practice Stream.
With access to a nationwide network of professionals and peer learning opportunities across 31 Specialty Practice Interest Groups, and a wide range of resources including CPD, research, advocacy and policy, as well as discussion forums, Specialty Practice helps members:
- Improve patient care and clinical decisions
- Develop pharmacy services, protocols and procedures
- Educate and train staff, and inform SHPA's national education program
- Identify drug use trends
- Apply new research to practice
- Consult and share information with members, key stakeholders and government
- And much more!
Lead and influence your field by assisting with the development of Standards of Practice, education offerings and through advocacy, while fulfilling your CPD requirements and accruing Group 1, 2 and 3 CPD points.
Find out more about Specialty Practice in our 2018 evaluation report: 'A new approach to Specialty Practice'.
Start your Specialty Practice journey by sharing your expertise, developing your knowledge, and supporting the growth of fellow members.
- Open to all members: students, interns, technicians, those working in or interested in a specialty
- Ability to join multiple Interst Groups
- Targeted information about events and education opportunities
- Networking to support expertise development
- Resources including online discussion forums
- Eligbility to vote for Leadership Committees
Start your journey by enroling yourself in one or more Interest Groups*
*Please enter the username and password for your Online CPD account to self enrol. If you have recently joined SHPA please allow one working day (Vic) to receive access details for a 'member eligible' account.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with your account details.
Practice Groups are networks of SHPA member expertise. Develop and share your expertise and show your commitment to leading specialty pharmacy practice by joining a Practice Group.
Please note, to be eligible to join a Practice Group your current SHPA membership must be at least 12 months. (Student and Provisional Pharmacist members are NOT eligible to join Practice Groups).
Practice Group applications are accepted year round.
- Contribute to publications, CPD, policy and submissions, and more
- Collaborate with fellow members on SHPA projects
- Network to support expertise development and guide early-career pharmacists
- Dedicated portal for the Leadership Committee to liaise with the Practice Group
- Ability to join up to 5 Practice Groups
- Eligibility to nominate for election to Leadership Committees
Apply now and upload information about your specialty experience.
A dynamic group of elected members with deeper involvement and expertise in their specialty who drive activities for the benefit of all members.
- Inform policy and education initiatives
- Advocate for change at a senior level
- Influence pharmacy practice through key SHPA publicatons, incl. Standards of Practice and position statements
- Contribute to publications and other key resources
- Receive recognition as a leader in your specialty
- Network with other experts, influencers and key stakeholders
- Resources including online discussion forums
- Support from Practice Groups and SHPA Secretariat
- Only Practice Group members can nominate to be elected to Leadership Committees
Members of each Leadership Committee for 2021 are listed below:
Aleena Williams - Chair
Adam Livori - Chair
Peter Slobodian - Chair
Branko Radojkovic - Chair
Melissa Ankravs - Chair
Patrick Lam - Chair
Cathy Gardiner - Chair
James Grant - Chair
Cristina Roman - Chair
Erica Tong - Chair
Gauri Godbole - Chair
Alex Ho Yin Chan
Kelly Cairns - Chair
Russell Hill - Chair
Toni Howell - Chair
Felicity Prior - Chair
Helen Lowy - Chair
Carla Scuderi - Chair
John Coutsouvelis - Chair
Chi Hao La
Sonya Stacey - Chair
Shania Liu - Chair
Josephine To - Chair
Jonathan Penm - Chair
Susan Trevillian - Chair
Thuy Bui - Chair
Mark Clifford - Chair
Katie Phillips - Chair
Treasure McGuire - Chair
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- 'A new approach to Specialty Practice': Evaluation Report – October 2018
- Chair, Leadership Committee – position description
- CPD Guide
- Discussion Forum Moderator – Leadership Committee roles and responsibilities
- Discussion Forum User Guide
- GRIT Liaison, Leadership Committee – position description
- Member, Leadership Committee – position description
- Practice Group Assessments by Leadership Committee
- Practice in Focus - template
- Specialty Practice Governance
- Specialty Practice Portal (Online CPD system)
- Terms and Conditions
Enquiries about Specialty Practice can be sent to email@example.com